New Shipito Airmail is available in both California and Oregon warehouses of Shipito shipping forwarder. You may choose between Shipito Airmail Economy, Airmail Priority and Airmail Express:
- There is currently no tracking and insurance for Airmail Economy.
- Airmail Priority packages can be insured, but can not be tracked.
- Airmail Express packages can be insured and tracked.
Limits for the new Shipito Airmail:
- Maximum weight: 66 lbs
- Maximum length: 59″
- Combined dimensions (length + girth): 118″
- Maximum value: $1000
Shipito Airmail has always been charged as flat fee per pound, so it has never been the best option for heavy packages. USPS easily beats it’s price for packages heavier than 10-15 lbs. It is recommended to use Shipito Airmail only for small, light and inexpensive items.
New Shipito Airmail allows to ship bigger and heavier packages than old Airmail. And should be significantly faster than old Airmail.
Note that pricing is different for Oregon warehouse, because Shipito service provider does not have any shipping depot in Oregon. This means that all packages have to be transported to California first and shipped to the final destination from there.
Major advantages of Shipito Airmail compared to USPS:
- For light packages, shipping by Shipito Airmail Economy and Airmail Priority are way less expensive than USPS. Lots of customers ship items like CDs, books, small electronics, with weight between 1-3 lbs. For this weight, USPS prices cannot compete with the new Airmail (prices for Airmail Economy and USPS Priority are about the same around 8-10 lbs, anything lighter is cheaper by Airmail).
- Maximum dimensions are bigger than USPS. Now, you should be able to ship items like snowboards, skis, hockey sticks and other items that do not fit to USPS size limits.
- Unlike USPS, Shipito Airmail Priority and Airmail Express allow delivery of lithium batteries and electronics with lithium, Li-ion, Li-pol batteries.
Note that you may UPS, Fedex and TNT shipping methods are available depending on your country. Besides getting the cost of shipping from Shipito, make sure to learn more about customs fees and duties in your country.
Also note that Shipito may be able to negotiate better rates for the new Economy/Priority/Express Airmail if the volume is high enough.