If you have more than one package going to the same delivery address, you may save money by using MPS (Multi Piece Shipment) service. You can usually get the best savings for several small packages. In some cases, MPS may be cheaper than consolidating these packages into one box. MPS can also significantly lower shipping costs for larger packages that cannot be consolidated.
If you use Shipito shipping forwarder and have a Shipito Virtual Mailbox, the MPS service is available for you. It is available for DHL, TNT and FedEx shipping methods.
FedEx MPS (Fedex Multiple-Piece Shipment)
FedEx MPS pricing is automatically available on each Shipito account. Just select more than one package for immediate mail out. Select the same FedEx shipping method (Economy or Priority). And make sure that the addressee is exactly the same. MPS discount will be automatically calculated and lower price charged on each package. Additional discount can be up to 30-40%.
MPS discount is not guaranteed. Expect to pay the quote you see on your shipment. If the MPS discounts kicks in the price is automatically lowered. Sometimes MPS discounts will not be as big as discounted rate already provided through Shipito. It seems that more packages you send at the same time the more likely is to get the MPS discount.
New Shipito MPS system: DHL Express and TNT Express Multiple-Piece Shipment
There are some limitations at this moment:
- Only DHL Express and TNT Express shipping is available. To ship FedEx MPS shipment, you have to use the old method (see above).
- The maximum number of packages in MPS shipment is limited to 10 when using DHL Express and limited to 3 when using TNT Express. The limits may be increased in the future.
- MPS is not available to Russia (because of the customs problems with express carriers like DHL, TNT, FedEx)
How to enter new DHL Express or TNT Express MPS Request ?
- Login to your Shipito account, and go to the “Packages in Warehouse” section.
- Click the “MPS Request” button. New window with the MPS Request form will show up.
- Select a Shipito Warehouse with packages you want to ship using MPS.
- Select all packages you want to include in the shipment and click the “Select Packages” button. Some packages may not be available for MPS shipping (for example if they are scheduled for separate mailout or for consolidation). These packages are displayed on the bottom of the page with the explanation why they are not available at this moment.
- In the next step, enter your delivery address for the MPS shipment.
- When delivery address is confirmed, system calculates total MPS postage for various shipping methods. After the form is displayed, select the shipping method.
- The final step displays a confirmation form with the MPS shipment summary. And it will also show how much would the shipping cost be if all packages were shipped separately using the same shipping method. After the separate shipping cost is loaded, you can confirm the MPS Shipment
As you can see, the new MPS system on Shipito that allows to ship via DHL Express and TNT Express is better, because it shows you the exact MPS shipping rate. If it is cheaper than shipping separately, you can confirm the shipment and the price will be locked in and guaranteed.