I have received 22 packages from my freight forwarder Shipito to this date. I’ve started with smaller packages of 3-8 kg and ended up getting packages of 9-18 kg. I’ve been buying all kind of stuff from electronics and toys to clothing and shoes. Most of my purchases have been coming from 3 online sources:
- Amazon USA,
- private shopping clubs (fashion sale, private sale, sample sale, flash sale sites),
- sports online stores.
Personally I prefer to use amazon.com more than any other US shop. There are several reasons for that:
- Amazon is the largest online store in the USA.
- Accepts international debit and credit cards.
- Ships to freight forwarders (also know as mail forwarders, package forwarders, parcel forwarders) like Shipito.
- Very good customer service and at refunds.
- You don’t need to pay californian sales tax (9.5%) when shipping from Amazon to the Californian warehouses of Shipito package forwarder.*
* Note that you do need to pay sales tax for some merchants from the Amazon marketplace. Also note that you may use another warehouse of Shipito in Tualatin, Oregon, which is a no sales tax location.
My overall experience with Amazon is very positive. However there is a group of sites where prices for clothing, shoes and many other items are more attractive every day.
American private shopping clubs (fashion sale, private sale, sample sale, flash sale sites)
I buy most of my clothing and shoes from USA private shopping clubs (also known as fashion sale, private sale, sample sale, flash sale sites). These sites are usually an invitation only clubs (see the invitation links below). They organize flash sales events for its members that typically last 1 to 3 days. Members can buy fashion, designer clothing and shoes for men, women, kids at discounted prices (typically 40-90%). You can also buy jewerly, cosmetics and many other types of good there. My favorite private shopping clubs:
While you may use Assisted Purchases from Shipito or any other service when making purchases in online stores, such services won’t work well with flash sales that private shopping clubs offer. So it is really great that the above mentioned private shopping clubs support international debit/credit cards and ship to freight forwarders like Shipito.
Although there are plenty of private shopping clubs, they offer fashion and designer clothing mostly. So I still have to shop for many sporting goods elsewhere.
American sports online stores
I make purchases in several trusted sports online stores and outlets:
I buy sports clothing, shoes and gear mostly on sales or in the outlets.
Share your experience
How do you like American online stores and private shopping clubs mentioned in this article? Do you prefer to make purchases elsewhere?